1 Cup uncooked oatmeal (makes 2 cups cooked)
1 3/4 Cup water
1/2 Cup fat-free (“skim”) milk
1/4 Cup Atkins syrup (tastes good, no calories!)
Protein shaker bottle
1) Bring water to boil over high heat.
2) Add uncooked oats and stir.
3) Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust cooking time to get the consistency you prefer.
4) When done cooking, turn off burner, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
5) Add 1/4 cup of sugar-free syrup (vary amount to suit your tastes). Stir well.
6) Put oatmeal/syrup mixture in your bowl.
7) Here’s the important part: Put the milk into the shaker and shake the living hell out of it for about a minute. The milk should be thick and creamy — almost like whipped cream!
8 ) Pour the whipped milk over the oatmeal and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
It’s really good, and very good for you. Adjust amount of oatmeal to suit your diet.
Nutritional Information per serving
Sat Fat: 1g