.5 Tbsp olive oil
Juice from 1 medium lemon
2 Tbsp white wine
1 tspn thyme
1 tspn rosemary
5 cloves fresh garlic (chopped)
1/4 – 1/2 tspn red pepper
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
(3) 8-oz Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Mix first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
– Wash the chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt (if desired).
– Place chicken breasts in a dish and pour the mixture over top.
– Add lots of fresh ground pepper!
– Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate in fridge about 30 mins while preheating the oven to 350.
– Brown both sides of the chicken breasts in a frying pan over med-high heat.
– Put chicken breasts in shallow baking pan, pour juice and spices in frying pan + any left-over marinade over the breasts.
– Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins.
– If desired, right before you take the breasts out of the oven, turn the broiler on for about 1-2 mins to give the garlic on top a little extra crisp.
– Place breasts on serving dish and spoon the thickened juices and spices left at the bottom of the baking pan over the top.
Yield: 3 servings
Nutritional Information per serving
Fat: 9g (don’t worry–it’s good fat from the olive oil!)
Sat Fat: 1g