1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Juice from 2 large lemons
1 small onion, diced
1.5 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1 Tbsp fresh chopped thyme
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
(3-6) 8-oz Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Mix first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
– Wash the chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
– Place chicken breasts in a 1 gallon baggie and pour the mixture over top.
– Get as much air as you can out of the baggie, seal.
– Place baggie in fridge and marinate 8-12 hours.
About 50 minutes to an hour before you want to eat…
– Get your grill ready
– Put some mesquite wood chips over the hot coals for extra great flavor.
– Remove chicken breasts from baggie, pour remaining marinade into a small bowl.
– Cook chicken on closed grill for about 30-35 minutes, basting occasionally with the marinade. Turn chicken after 15-20 minutes.
– Chicken is ready when internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Don’t overcook!
Yield: 3-6 servings
Nutritional Information per serving
Fat: 9g (good fat, from the olive oil)
Sat Fat: 1g