WebMD has posted their best 15 diet tips “ever”. When it comes to advice though, the best tips are those that work for you.
Here is their list:
- Drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages.
- Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away.
- Consider whether you’re really hungry.
- Be choosy about nighttime snacks.
- Enjoy your favorite foods. (in moderation)
- Enjoy your treats away from home.
- Eat several mini-meals during the day.
- Eat protein at every meal.
- Spice it up.
- Stock your kitchen with healthy convenience foods.
- Order children’s portions at restaurants. (or just eat less)
- Eat foods in season.
- Swap a cup of pasta for a cup of vegetables.
- Use non-food alternatives to cope with stress.
- Be physically active.
It sounds like common sense, but you’d be surprised at how many of us overlook the obvious. Follow these simple guidelines, and you’ll be sure to drop some weight.